Friday, 30 March 2012

Cleanser Review

I love using foaming fash wash - it just feels so clean and fresh afterwards. Especially if you splash cold water onto your face at the end which also helps to reduce the appearance of pores. In this post I'm gonna share my reivew of 4 cleansers I have been using reccently.

Before I start my review, I just want to explain how foaming fash wash cleanses your face. It's actually the foam that cleanse your pores, which means the more the foam, and the finer the foam, the better it cleanse. I will refer to this in my review.

1) Neutrogena Fresh Foaming Cleanser


Pro:
- cheap (price wise)
- readily available at any wal-mart/drug store



Con:
- price is cheap, so is the smells which smells like cheap liquid hand soap
- doesn't foam well -> therefore medium cleansing power

Overall: 3/5
- Probably won't buy it again

2) Shiseido The Skincare Gentle Cleansing Foam


Pro:
- good cleansing ability
- readily available (in Canada @ Bay/Sears or Shoppers)

Con:
- a bit expensive
- foams well but takes a while to work up the lather

Overall: 4/5
Pretty decent cleanser. Good for everyday use. This has been a cleanser I keeps going back to and will continue to do so.

3) Bliss Fabulous Foaming Face Wash



Pro:
- very fine micro exfoliates great for everyday use
- smells very refreshing

Con:
- although the name is 'foaming face wash', it actually doesn't foam very well and my face felt like it hasn't been cleaned
- expensive and limited availability (only at Sephora/Bliss spa)

Overall: This is a tough one. It's a great exfoliate but doesn't clean very well due to it's lack of foam.
 I would use it as an exfoliate after cleansing.


4) Shiseido Perfect Whip Foam


Pro:
- very easy to work into lather
- a LOT of foam
- cleanse very well - face feels very fresh afterwards
- cheap! (if you get it in Japan)

Con:
- available only at limited locations outside of Asia
- expensive in North America (costed me $14CAD at T&T)

Overall: 5/5
Definitely my fav cleanser. I got my first tube while in Japan for less than $5 CAD! Yes so cheap but it cleanse sooooo well! I absolutely feel very refreshing after using this. Highly recommended if you happens to be in Japan. Get it and get multiple tubes as well. I stock them like crazy everytime I am in Asia.



Thanks for reading. If you like my site please support by subscribing to me! I don't get paid for review and just wanna share my love of beauty with those who has the same interest :) If you wanna link my site and use my pics feel free but please link back and credit me. Thanks!

4 comments:

  1. is the perfect whip suitable for sensitive skin? what is the function of the cleanser? thanks~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am not sure if it's geared towards sensitive skin . I personally have pretty sensitive skin and I have no problem with the cleanse, although it really depends on each person. I love this cleanser because it removes dirt, oil, and some makeup off my face

      Delete
  2. I live in Canada too, and I went around looking for the Shisheido Foam Cleanser. I can't believe it is sold in T&T...LOL! Haven't tried it yet, but you make it sound absolutely fantastic! Will definitely give it a whirl soon.


    http://mybeautynotebooks.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it is definitely the best cleanser I've ever used and I am sure you'll love it too :) They just won a best cleanser award in a Japanese magazine too!

      Visiting your blog now!

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...