Wednesday, 28 March 2012

MAC Studio Sculpt SPF 15 Foundation Review

I bought the MAC Studio Sculpt SPF 15 Foundation yesterday as I was running out. The foundation I love and kept going back to is Shu Uemura (will do a review later!). It's just a great foundation that's easy to use and looks very natural. However it costs double what it costs here in North America versus in Asia so I was  so relunctant to get it here as I'm heading to Asia in less than 1 week! However my foundation ran out at the worst time possible! I can go w/o makeup if I'm meeting up with my friends etc, but I can't when I go to work. I used MAC items before and they seemed ok and well-priced. So I decided to give this foundation a try. Unfortunately, I'm not happy about it. Here is my review:



Point #1:
First off, the SA did a poor job recommending a color for me. I can't find the color I normally use with Shu Uemura and asked her to suggest something that matches me. The color she suggested were either too yellowy or too dark. We eventually settled on one color that she suggested. When I got home and look at the foundation in natural light, it's totally different from how it looked in the MAC store lighting (lesson learned! never fully trust the cosmetics store lighting!). It's so dark and peachy that it's couple shades darker than my own Shu Uemura foundation. The picture doesn't really show how the color is, maybe it's my lighting. Anyways, bad start.

Tips: girls always bring your own foundation when you shop! Even if it's used out there should still be enough left so you can compare at the store. There are some very good SA out there, but some are just there for the commission.

Point #2:
The MAC Studio Sculpt SPF foundation is a mousse based foundation. I have always used liquid. I don't mind trying new things and when the SA told me mousse is better for combination skin (which is what I have), I decided to give it a try. Mistake no. 2. It's texture is a lot thicker than liquid. I felt cakey after putting this on (it's different when you do a test patch vs putting it on your entire face). When I touch my face after applying the foundation, my fingers actually have foundation stick to them! OMG! I don't know if all mousse foundations are like that or just this one.



Point #3:
I was told this has great coverage, but I'm disappointed. It's true that coverage is better than my liquid foundation, but for how thick it feels and the cakiness, I expect better coverage. It's just less than medium. Not happy

Overall I'm totally unhappy with the MAC Studio Sculpt SPF 15 Foundation. I think it's a mixed of the SA and the texture itself. I would definitely bring this back for a refund and get another liquid foundation. And of course, I'll heavily stock up on Shu Uemura when I'm in Asia!

Get your MAC Studio Sculpt SPF 15 Foundation Here
Thanks for reading. If you like my site please support by subscribing to me! I don't get paid for review and just wanna share my love of beauty with those who has the same interest :) If you wanna link my site and use my pics feel free but please link back and credit me. Thanks!

3 comments:

  1. That sucks to hear that you are not very satisfied with your MAC foundation! Especially when it wasn't probably very inexpensive, and is now a bottle of waste. :S I don't actually hear much about MAC foudation. (I do have a MAC powder though!)

    Have a group Asia trip and stock up! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your comments! Do you like your MAC powder? I will do some review of Asian products when I come back. Stay tuned :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love MAC stuff, but their SAs are evil and will totally misguide you. You kinda just have to trust your own judgement. :) I personally love the Studio Sculpt, it sucks that it didn't work out for you. :(

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...