Sunday, 17 June 2012

Crème de la Mer Review

Today I am going to do a Creme de la Mer review. The Crème de la Mer is the single most expensive skin care product I have bought. It costed me over $300 CAD at Holt Renfrew (including taxes)! It claims celebraties swear by this product and use it everyday. It claims a "Miracle Broth" it developed using NASA technology. However, there are also claims out there its ingredients are like vasaline (if you read Paula's Choice). So the big question is, DOES IT WORK?




What is Crème de la Mer?
The Crème de la Mer calls their formula the "Miracle Broth" - a chemical formula using sea kelp and other ingredients that healed scars of Dr Max Huber, the creater of this product. This product was created using aerospace technology and can instantly transfrom the appearance of your skin.


Texture
The Crème de la Mer itself is very thick and dry. They have a Crème de la Mer Moisturizing Gel Cream if you want a lighter texture. The instruction is not to apply the thick cream directly, but get a pea size, warm it up in your hands so it becomes liquidify, and apply it onto your face. Either way, both texture are pretty thick, even the so-called liquidify version of the Crème de la Mer. Not a fan. 2.5/5


Smell
It is lightly scented and the smell is pretty pleasant. I am ok with the scent. 3/5


Does it work?
Since everyone's skin is different, this review is from my own opinion. And for me, IT DOES NOT WORK! In fact it's making my face dry, flaky, and itchy - i.e. sensitive! I am very disappointed :( I just dropped $300 on this product that does not work AND is giving me sensitive skin! I don't know what's wrong with the ingredients but I never had such allergic reaction with a product before. This is the first time. I am giving this to my mom and hope it works for her. 0/5


Overall
As you can tell, I definitely won't get the Crème de la Mer again. In fact, if it doesn't work for my mom as well, I would return it to Holt Renfrew hoping they will give me a refund. $300 NOT well spent. I post this not because I want to trash Crème de la Mer, I just want to warn my readers it may not work for everyone, even though it says it does for a lot of celebraties like Kate Moss, etc. I recommend you get a sample before investing $300. Maybe, and I do hope, it will work for you.

P.S. I bought this product because I wasn't happy with the Chanel Precision Hydramax + Active Gel Cream and hope this would be better. Both products are expensive. Lesson learned? Expensive doesn't equal good!!

10 comments:

  1. WOW! I can't believe you'd spend $300 on a single product - That is amazing to me! I'm VERY VERY sorry that it didn't work for you & that completely sucks that it gave you sensitive skin.

    Happiness,
    Corrinne

    PS - Win delicious goodies! Easy to enter & open to everyone. You can link your entry to your blog if you want!

    http://pinandtack.blogspot.com/2012/06/you-are-invited-to-my-vegan-barbecue.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually loved Creme de la Mer, I thought it made a difference in my skin, but I also have very very dry skin, and yes, if you look at the list of ingredients I don't remember if it was first or not, but one of the main ingredients is mineral oil. I had good results with Creme de la Mer but after I stopped working for a company that gave me 50% off I was definitely not willing to drop the $300 on a bottle. No thanks!

    I've found quite a few other products that I like, oddly enough Mary Kay Restore and Recover Complex, which is only $40, has had almost the same effects for me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ahh no thats such ashame it didnt work for you, thanks for giving your honest opinion on it and letting us all know!!

    http://she-shops-alot.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. nice!


    p.s. I'm having a giveaway if you'd like to check it out!
    devorelebeaumonstre.com xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness, I can't believe you spent $300!! Ouch!! I'm so sorry it wasn't good. :`( Have you considered using coconut oil?? 100% pure virgin coconut oil. I bought mine at an Asian food store for under $10 and it's done great things for my skin! I'd like to try it in my hair but haven't figured it out yet. It's amazing on the lips as well!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. understand ur feeling - and agree that expensive doesnt equal good totally!

    i m not intereted in La Mer, but your post reminded me to review my Cle de Peau stuff (expensive, good, but not miraculous on my skin)

    you also reminded me to start using my SKII in my stash! :D

    cheers,
    jacq

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, kudos to you for spending $300 on a SINGLE product.

    I've always been curious of this product - thanks for the review, you've probably just saved me a boat load of money. You're definitely right - price doesn't always mean quality / results.

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow i'm sorry it didn't work on you! It's precisely what you mentioned in your review.. everyone's skin is different so I rarely give into hypes when it comes to skin care (except for gadgets) I prefer to use my own intuition for that :) thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. :( I've talked to their customer service and they said they would refund it if you were allergic.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...