Wednesday, 13 June 2012

Long Summer Dress: 1 Dress 6 Different Ways to Wear

I haven't wrote about fashion for a while. Since summer is here I decided to write about my fav piece for summer - a long maxi dress!

Maxi dresses are SUPER IN this season! They are great for summer as they are so comfy and cool to wear when it's hot and sunny outside. They go with almost anything! This post I will show you how to wear 1 basic summer dress in 6 different ways.

This maxi dress I got from forever 21. See how it's 2 tiered with the lower tier see-through? This is actually very popular style this summer





Style 1: The Simple Casual Girl

If you are the type of girl that likes to just throw on something and head out without spending too much time, this is the look for you. I match the dress with pair of flat sandals with turqois stone that matches the dress. I also brighten the look with a silver necklace with sparkles:





Style 2: The Fashionable Girl

This style I pair the dress with cropped croquet top and a flowery wedge, both are the most fashionable items this season! The secret to wear a cropped top is to tight up the side of the top. This gives the look a more edgy feel and also make you slimmer as cropped top tend you make your upper body wider. I love this look as it looks casual but still fashionable at the same time.





Style 3: The Sunshine Girl

This look I pair the dress with a belt and a big oversize straw hat with pink flowers. This is a very happy sunshine look for the happy and sweet girl! It's easy to wear with just a belt but still playful at the same time! The belt acentuates the waist line.




Style 4: The Sophisicated Girl

I pair this look with a demin jacket which makes it casual yet sophisicated. A suit jacket can instantly dress up any look, while demin still makes it casual. This is one of the most wear look I do. Remember to roll up the sleeves of the jacket to make it more casual. This is also a trick to make you look slimmer as the forearm are normally skinny for most people. Rolling up the sleeves give the illusion of longer and slimmer arms



Style 5: The Boyish Girl

This look is for girls who are a little bit tom boyish but still has a feminie side. I pair this look with an oversized T-shirt and sneakers. This is a very comfy look but still looks cute with a boyish flair.



Style 6: The Girly Girl

I call this the girly girl look for lack of better description. What I really meant is this is the look for girls who still wanna wear maxi dress (hence girly) while it's getting cold. I pair this look with a long wool cardigan and a pair of Ugg. This makes the look very warm and furry and hence makes it super cute (also girly again!). I love this look as well!



17 comments:

  1. That is a very pretty dress!

    I nominated you for the One Lovely Blog award!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot for nominating me! I`m flattered :)

      Delete
  2. Love the first outfit. So simple and stylish! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. PRETTY! I need to get my hand on a maxi dress!

    I just followed, follow back?
    I'd really appreciate it :)
    http://ashleythefashionguru.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. All of the outifts are adorable! I love having one piece and making several different outfits with it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is such an inspiring post! I am lacking in the fashion department right now.. I desperately need to shop but this inspires me to hold back and wear what I have LOL.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad my post actually helps! Thanks for your comment!

      Delete
  6. Maxi dresses are always so fun! Love the way you've coordinated it! Thanks for stopping by my page, am following you back :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. thats a lovely color maxi... i love the way you fashioned it in so many ways!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I so badly want a maxi dress, but can never seem to find a flattering one! Love the color of yours :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely dress! Especially like the way you placed on hanger rather than wearing it... looks a bit like a ghost is wearing it! lol. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  10. How fabulous! I love all of your styles for one simple dress. It just goes to show that one classic piece goes a very long way towards being super fashionable & cute :)

    Btw, I found you on BlogLoveTherapy. I am now your newest follower :)

    Happiness,
    Corrinne

    PS - I have lots of prizes at my blog via a blog hop & challenge. Join the fun here:
    http://pinandtack.blogspot.com/2012/06/tuesday-alchemys-tips-tutorials.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am clueless when it comes to fashion, so this is really cool for me!

    ReplyDelete
  12. cute dress!

    yuliconversations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hello, I'm from Rachel's Blog Hop on Island Girls Insights,

    I love this Maxi dress, the colour is gorgeous.

    I'm a new follower of yours, and i love your blog - if you'd like to follow back my blog link is www.charlotelizabeth.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love how you styled it so many different ways! I always have so much trouble styling things differently. Once I wear something a certain way I tend to keep wearing it the same way haha :P

    ReplyDelete
  15. wow! nice dress,so lovely!

    http://preciouslovestyle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...