Sunday, 12 August 2012

Eyeko London Skinny Brush Mascara Review

I recently discovered Eyeko London Mascara. Mascara is one of the most important makeup item I can't live without! A great lengthening mascara makes such a difference! In this post, I will review the Eyeko London Skinny Brush Mascara.

Edit: Eyeko London Skinny Brush Mascara has made it to the Sephora's Favourite Mascara list! Congrats Eyeko!!


About Eyeko London
Eyeko is an award-winning mascara brand based in London. Max and Nina Leykind, defined as "Beauty Industry Veterans" by Time Magazine and WWD, launched Eyeko London in 1999 with a special focus on mascara. Most loved by celebrities and make-up artists are their 3 unique mascara formulae -The Skinny Brush (lengthens), the Fat Brush (volumizes), and the Curvy Brush (Curls). Eyeko London has also branched out to eyeliner recently. Check out their Eyeko Skinny Liquid Eyeliner!

Eyeko Skinny Brush Mascara Review: The Brush

It's not called the 'Skinny Brush' mascara for no reason. The brush is very 'skinny', which means the brush is lean with short bristles. I think the brush actually does a good job of distributing the mascara to each lash and I am happy with the 'after' results. Although this is not the volumize mascara of Eyeko, it volumnize and lengthens my lashes at the same time! Definitely makes my lashes a lot more defined and dramatic. I give this a 4/5.

Eyeko Skinny Brush Mascara Review: Lengthens and Extends
Like I said in the paragraphy above, I do see my lashes lengthens after application. This Eyeko Skinny Brush Mascara is in a jet-black color which adds extra visual effect to make my lashes longer and more dramatic after use! Another feature I notice is it does 'separate' my lashes to make them 'fan out' more and thus having a visual effect of longer lashes! Again another 4/5!

Eyeko Skinny Brush Mascara Review: Water-resistent
I hate having 'panda-eyes' mid-day from my mascara. So far I have been using this Eyeko Skinny Brush Mascara for more than a week and I don't have any panda-eyes after few hours. I have to say it holds pretty well, especially when I use it on my lower lashes. No flaking at all! The product claims to lash 12+ hours and I would say it definitely lasts the whole day for me. I would give this another 4/5! 

Eyeko Skinny Brush Mascara Review: Eyeko Lash Shield

I have to mention this added bonus! The Eyeko lash Shield (looks just like a guitar pick!) comes with every box and it's very handy! It prevents the mascara from smudging around your eye area. Most importantly, with the lash shield, you can press the brush against the lash shield which helps curl your lashes and apply more layers to give a more dramatic effect. You can easily apply mascara from the root to tip using this lash shield without messing your makeup. What a clever idea! I have to say the Eyeko Lash Shield is my fav part of this mascara! Definitely a 5/5!

Eyeko Skinny Brush Mascara Review: Packaging
This mascara is packaged in a cute silver squeezable tube which helps to get every last bit of mascara. The only thing I prefer differently is if the opening of the tube have some kind of "separator" that removes the excess mascara. Although I can always remove excess mascara on the tube before applying it just makes it easier. I would give this category a 3.5/5.

Eyeko Skinny Brush Mascara Review: Overall
I am happy with this Eyeko London Skinny Brush Mascara and would definitely repurchase this product! In fact, I am interested in trying the other Eyeko mascaras and liquid eyeliner! Eyeko mascaras are available at Sephora or online worldwide. Now a special perk for my readers! If you shop via the link below you will get a free Eyeko London gift when you purchase $20 or more! Check it out! [edit: sorry this deal has expired! I will update this site when there are new deals so stay tuned!]

Eyeko London, Tube Mascara Wardrobe and Eye Make Up


10 comments:

  1. That looks nice!

    I just started a blog, it's dutch. But you could use translate of course. Following me would mean alot!
    http://likearolemodel.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comment :) Checking out your blog too!

      Delete
  2. Sounds very promising.. last time I tried this was a few years ago.. hoping they've improved a lot by now (just like fiberwig did).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't tried the older version so I can't come, although I really like this mascara, especially with the lash shield which makes such a big difference! Hope the new mascara will work for you :D (I love fiberwig too!)

      Delete
  3. This used to be my HG mascara when I started getting into make up!! Too bad Eyeko jacked up the prices. It used to cost £5 a few years ago and now it's £15 which is a price I can't afford :'D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sorry to hear the price has increased so much! But I agree it's such a great mascara!

      Delete
  4. Thanks for the review. I've been keeping my eye (and lashes) on this product!

    Maria
    Dainty and Decadent

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such neat packaging! I may have to look into getting this..

    Feel free to check out my blog sometime, I've just started but it would mean alot if you stopped by and followed ;)

    http://beautybyrubielee.blogspot.co.nz/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Checked your blog and subscribed :) Thanks for visiting me! Check out my current giveaway too :) Click Here To Enter

      Delete
  6. nice blog. i'm a new follower anyway. if you don't mind, check out my blog and follow. i'm a new blogger and it will mean a lot.

    http://priskajr.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...