Monday, 5 November 2012

Catalina GEO Long and Deep Mascara Review

I recently fall in love with Korean Cosmetics! Their quality are as good as Japanese cosmetics but only at a fraction of the cost! In this post I will review the Cataline Geo Long And Deep Mascara which I tried recently 

About Catalina GEO
Catalina GEO is a brand under Korean Cosmetics company Lamy Cosmetics. Found in 1977, Lamy Cosmetics has its own research and produciton facilities all in Korea to ensure product quality. Catalina GEO is one of their line geared towards the confident and passionate woman. I found most of their products packaged in very sleek and clean design which I love. For more info check out their official website.

Review of the Catalina GEO Long and Deep Mascara


Packaging
I really love how this mascara comes with a refill! It’s like you are purchasing 2 mascaras for the price of one! Other than that, the packaging is ok I think, nothing too fancy or cute. I think this is worth a 3.5/5.

Smell
I really hate mascara that gives a bad smell. Some drug store brands smell like cheap chemicals and for something you put so close to your eyes, it’s a BIG NO-NO! Fortunately, the Catalina Geo Long and Deep Mascara does not smell at all. In fact, it contains vitamin B5 which is supposed to nourish your lashes. I would give this 4/5.

Mascara Brush


The Catalina Geo Long and Deep Mascara has a pretty traditional mascara brush. I think this type of brush is great for volumizing. For lengthening however I found the hair-brush type to work better. I give this a 3.5/5.

Long and Deep Lashes?


Here is a pictures of me after putting on one coat of the Catalina GEOLong and Deep Mascara on my upper lashes. For “deep” I would think that means volumizing. I think it does a pretty good job in terms both, especially in volumizing; however, I would like more lengthening. It definitely satisfies the ‘deep’ claim. I would give this a 4/5.

Waterproof and Smudge Proof?
I wore this Catalina GEO mascara the whole day and no smudge at all. I painted my lower lashes with this mascara and I didn't notice any black deposits around my eyes. It is also very waterproof and can only be removed with waterproof eye makeup remover. I think this definitely worth a 5/5.

Overall
I think this Catalina GEO Long and Deep Mascara would be a 4/5 overall. I love how it comes with a refill and how it's no smudge and waterproof. I would like the Catalina GEO mascara more if it's more lengthening!

What is your favourite mascara?


Disclaimer:  This product was provide for my review by Korean Cosmetics. I am not compensated for the review. The review is my honest opinion.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the review- I've never heard of this brand! New follower from the blog hop :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comment! I have followed your blog too :)

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...