Thursday, 8 November 2012

EL CURE Vitamin C Serum Review

Do you include a serum in your daily skincare routine? I have been using the Korean EL CURE Vitamin C Serum for a few weeks and so far I think it's a pretty good! I will give your my review of this serum.


What it claims to do?
This serum is packed with vitamin C using the 'ionization technology' which is supposed to help your skin absorb vitamin C faster. This product claims to help collegan production in your skin and repairs environmental damages, such as UV damages to your skin. 

Packaging


The EL CURE Vitamin C Serum comes in a glass bottle with an eye-dropper-type applicator, which is actually great to ensure the serum ingredients will not be oxidized easily. The serum is protected against air by the thick glass bottle and twist seal applicator lid. If you've been reading Paula's Choice, you would know how important it is to have a tighly sealed container with small opening as the active ingredients in products can easily oxidize once it comes into contact with air. I also love the eye-dropper-type applicator which makes it very easy to control the amount of serum I need and nothing goes wasted. Packaging is definitely a 5/5 for me.

Smell & Consistency


The EL CURE Vitamin C Serum is a colorless liquid that smells like orange juice! In fact after using this on my face before bed, I can smell orange all night! I know some of you don't like that smell but for me it's great! I guess the orange smell comes from the vitamin C in the serum. I would give this a 4/5. 

Does it work?
Honestly I have no way of telling whether it helps with collegan growth or not, but I have to agree that it does makes my skin smoother and more hydrated! Immediately after application, my skin looks brighter and colors more even, although the brightening effect isn't very long lasting as compared to the hydration effect which lasts longer. I love using this serum before applying makeup as it smoothes and hydrates the skin so makeup adheres to my face better and thus stay on longer. I have also tried putting several drops of the EL CURE Vitamin C Serum onto cotton pads as a masks on my face, and it feels really hydrated and smooth afterwards. So in a nutshell, I don't know if it works according to its claims, but I definitely love the effect after use! Maybe there's what 'faciliting collegan growth' is like? I just don't know lolz. It's a tough score to give, but since I like the effect regardless, I'd give it a 4/5.


Overall
I think the EL CURE Vitamin C Serum is a pretty good serum overall for everyday use, especially before applying makeup. 


Disclaimer: This product was provided for my review by Korean Cosmetics. I am not compensated at all by the provider. The review is written after I have personally tried this product for a few weeks. The review is my honest opinion.



6 comments:

  1. there is something about serums that just attracts me o much...I've been actually using the past two weeks a home made vit C serum and I've been loving it so far.

    great review!
    Bea =)
    dailylivingingeneva.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comment :) I love serum too! They are almost an essential part of my skin care routine because it's a highly concentrated nourishing treatment to your skin!

      Delete
  2. Wow, this products seems pretty good..! Actually I don't use a serum in my routine at the moment but maybe I should, haha. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thx for visiting my blog. I love serum especially when it's cold and dry in the winter!

      Delete
  3. I want this haha I will have to do some Googling to find it. Definitely keep us posted perhaps after you finish the bottle to let us know if your opinion has changed for better or worse. Great post =]

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want to try this too.. I think it's great for my hair.. But don't know where to get it on my country :(

    Hey new follower of yours.. found you on bloglove therapy bloghope ^^
    follow mine if you don't mind
    thankss
    beautyfoodlife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...