Thursday, 5 February 2015

REVIEW: Does The SK-II Facial Treatment Essence Work?

I received a lot of questions on whether the SK-II Facial Treatment Essence actually works ever since I blogged about using it with the Hitachi Hada Crie beauty device. Therefore I have decided to do a separate review specifically on the SK-II Facial Treatment Essence. This is my personal experience and maybe different from yours; however, I hope you would found it helpful and answer your questions on whether it works for not. (Note that this is not a sponsored review and I bought the SK-II Facial Treatment Essence with my own money.)




First off, DOES IT WORK?
Overall I think it does work for me. It helps my skin feeling moisturized and plump, plus it gives it a nice radiant glow. At first I didn't notice this change. After my first bottle, I decided to try another brand. After using the new toner for a few weeks, I began to notice my skin looked drier and more dull. I switch back to the SK-II Facial Treatment Essence after and it has been my holy grail ever since. I stock up like crazy every time I go to Japan (it is much cheaper than North America).

How long have you been using the SK-II Facial Treatment Essence?
I am currently on my 3rd bottle of the SK-II Facial Treatment Essence. I think that already tells you my opinion. I have also been using other SK-II products which I will review another time.

Some people says it smells sour, is it true?
It does have a very distinct smell, I guess you can call it sour. For me the smell is not unpleasant but not great either. I suggest you check out the SK-II counter at your local store to smell for yourself.

I heard the SK-II Facial Treatment Essence thins your skin, is that true?
I am not a dermatologist so I can't attest to this claim 100%. All I can say is I haven't read anywhere online with adequate scientific proof whether it does or does not thin your skin. From my personal experience, I haven't had any reaction that makes me think my skin is peeling, which normally happens during an acid-based exfoliation such as use of AHA or BHA.

I heard it doesn't work like a regular lotion. How do you use it?
I use it everyday first as a regular toner. Then I use it with the Hitachi Hada Crie Moisture mode. Once in a while, I soak one of those DIY facial mask sheet from Muji in SK-II Facial Treatment Essence to use as a sheet mask. I like it better than using cotton pads because it is thinner and therefore won't absorb all the essence and hence easier for my skin to absorb. I got mine from Amazon because they work for my face, but you can find them in Daiso or other beauty store. I combine the face mask with the Hada Crie Refresh mode. This gives me extra moisture of days when my face is exceptionally dry.

Do you think it is overpriced?
For over $100USD per bottle (regular size), the SK-II Facial Treatment Essence is quite an investment. I do believe it is a bit overpriced as compared to other toner on the market. I try to justify to myself that it does last for a long time, and most importantly it does work for me. I have sensitive skin and some (e.g Clinique Clarifying Lotion) does irritate my skin. I try to stick with something that works for me once I found it.

Does the SK-II Facial Treatment Essence help with pores and blackheads?
For me it doesn't. Honestly, this is not a miracle treatment the ad claims. The SK-II Facial Treatment Essence does make my skin looks noticeably plump and radiant, but it is not a for-all and end-all to all your skin problems.

OK, so do you recommend this product?
Overall, the SK-II Facial Treatment Essence does work for me. It may not work for everyone but for me it gets the job done. Given the price, I recommend you getting a small travel size rather than a sample to test it out. Sample is great because they are free, but you can't really tell whether it is working or not by using it just once. It takes time for your skin to have noticeable change.

I hope this helps you decide whether the SK-II Facial Treatment Essence is worth the hype or not. Any thoughts please share :) If you are interested in other SK-II products review please let me know!




No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...